Are You Brushing Correctly?
Brush your tongue gently
with your toothbrush twice daily!
Oral Health Tips
We recommend the following dental care steps for achieving healthy teeth and gums;
- Brush with a soft round bristle toothbrush
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months
- Change your toothbrush after an illness
- When you’re brushing your teeth along the gum line, make sure to angle your brush 45 degrees – so it goes against your teeth and gums
- Move your toothbrush back and forth in small, round strokes
- The correct brushing motion is more like massaging along the gum line rather than vigorous brushing
Other dental care steps, which can help maintain your natural teeth for life, include;
- Use toothpaste with added fluoride
- In order to stop plaque from forming between teeth, you should floss your teeth daily
- Floss against the end-side of the tooth and scale the floss up-and-down several times
- Stock dental floss in your purse, at your office desk and in your car for use when needed
- Your tongue is a major source of plaque and bad breath.
Brush your tongue gently with your toothbrush twice daily (when you brush your teeth)
- Attend periodontal check-ups
- Have oral cancer screenings
- Avoid tobacco products
- Avoid excessive alcohol use
- Maintain a healthy diet